Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A boy and his stories...

So returning to the subject of Mason and his first day of school, Azlyn and I showed up early to spy on him and make sure he was following directions, playing well with others, you know, the usual we expect out of our 4 year olds...well anyhow, Mason was doing great!

When I walk into the class Miss Yolande tells me Mason had quite the story to share with the classroom...o.k. here we go! One of MANY stories that could expose our family secrets. Should I consider moving to another town now before it gets out of hand? Would it be easier to move him to a different school? So I inquire.

Miss Yolande: "Mason told us his Poppy Walter has a digger called an escavata (adult translation: excavator) and it's really cool!"

I pondered for a brief moment as to why he shared that. Then I saw the equiptment outside, next to the school. Not sure what they were working on in the lot next door but Mason wasn't very impressed with theirs, only Poppy Walter's!

Now for a first day impression, I think it went quite well that, thanks to Poppy Walter, my son knew the correct term for large equiptment! Hopefully Miss Yolande was just as impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment