Sunday, October 11, 2009

A cold October day!


How deceiving! Not a cloud in the sky! The sun is shining through our windows...it is truly inviting! Ha! Until I slip my flip flops on and go outside to place our decorated pumpkins out on our porch! In a brief moment my toes are nowhere to be found and my nose looks similar to a famous reindeer! Where has fall gone? Was it ever here? We went from 80 degrees to 38 degrees. How is that possible? Now I realize that some of my fellow readers are sitting in single digit weather over in Montana and I am sorry for that, but can someone take us back to last year when Halloween was approaching and we were still wearing light jackets? I am NOT ready for snow yet, let alone the cold that chills you to the bone!


So I decided to stop my whining and make some delicious homeade potato soup! My mom gave me this recipe years ago and I have finally mastered it! This soup definately hit the spot on this cold October day! My only issue is that the mass population did not show to eat the gallons of soup I made! Mom, I blame you for this! No matter how hard I try, I cannot cook for four but rather for an army! When sitting down for dinner at my mom and dad's my husband's exact words are "Will there be more showing up for dinner? This could feed the entire reservation!" Can we say yummy leftovers?




1 comment:

  1. Wow you are scaring me. I made potato soup yesterday (saturday). Yes, I made enough for an army and it was soooo good. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete