Sunday, October 25, 2009

October fun!

October fun...that can take on so many meanings. In the past years it meant carving pumpkins, trips up to Green Bluff for pumpkin donuts, corn mazes, jumping in piles of leaves in our backyard...you get the idea. This year, while we were able to get in a few of those things, our biggest accomplishment was making it through the H1N1 scare! While it was nasty, scary, and just plain exhausting, we made it! Three days of fever, two days of a yucky cold, and days upon days of the worst cough imaginable!!! Roth managed to stay away from it all but the kids and I were down for a good week and a half! Now onto the REAL fun! We attended our neighborhood pumpkin carving party. Twelve or so families participated in carving the most unique designs and lots of comfort food on the side! Mason and I also worked on pumpkin and ghost cookies. I think I've found my baking partner for life!!! I pray all of you are staying healthy and enjoying the last of these October days of 2009! God bless!





No comments:

Post a Comment